nVent RAYCHEM self-regulating heating cables can be used to protect pipes from freezing, maintain process temperatures for liquids, heat tanks, melt snow on roofs and surfaces, provide instant hot water at the tap and even to heat floors.
nVent RAYCHEM self-regulating heat trace cables consist of two parallel conductors embedded in a heating core made of conductive polymer. The core is radiation-crosslinked to ensure long-term reliability.
How Self-Regulating Heating Cables Work
Heat is generated as electric current passes through the conductive polymer core between the cable’s conductors. As the ambient temperature drops, the number of electrical paths through the core increases and more heat is produced. Conversely, as the temperature rises, the core has fewer electrical paths and less heat is produced.
nVent RAYCHEM self-regulating cable technology is available in a range of products suitable for use in the home, in construction for larger buildings, and for industrial-based applications.
Their main benefits are:
- Easy to use: can be cut-to-length on site
- Safe: can be spaced narrowly and even overlapped multiple times, without danger of overheating
- Energy saving: adjust their heat output automatically to compensate for ambient temperature changes, meaning that heat is only produced when and where it's necessary
nVent RAYCHEM self-regulating heating technology features:
- Maintain temperatures up to 150°C
- Exposure temperatures up to 250°C
- Circuit lengths up to 245m
- Product warranty up to 10 years (industrial) / 12 years (commercial)
- 45 years of experience, with 500.000+ km cables installed worldwide